US diver who helped in Robredo search shot dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passionatediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This is sad news. I don't know him personally but I feel bad that he won't be able to swim with the fishes and see the wonders of this world again. At first, I thought this was Matt Reed of Evolution in Malapasqua because he's the only Matt I know who volunteered during the retrieval operation of Jesse Robredo a year ago. After reading a few articles about this incident, I was able to confirm that this man who got killed is another Matt.

RIP Mr. Matt Caldwell. I hope that you brought awesome diving memories with you wherever you are now.

US diver who helped in Robredo search shot dead | News | GMA News Online

This is an isolated case so I hope that foreigners won't think that all Filipinos are the same. We're generally kind and hospitable. As a matter of fact, Philippines is an amazing place to dive and a few foreign divers who have been here can attest to that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom