feb trip to philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike jj

owi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I are planning a trip to the Philippines in Feb and are planning to stay at Atmosphere. I know the resort is very nice, but how is the diving? My wife is a non-diver so a stripped down hotel won't cut it, but it doesn't have to be as nice as Atmosphere either. Would love a nice place to stay with great diving. But if Atmosphere diving very good that is fine with me.

Thank You
Mike

Diving wise there are much better places eg. Anilao, Coron(wrecks), Malapascua and Southern Leyte etc. Unfortunately the non-diver will get bore there! And there is not much else in Dauin(Atmosphere) as well.
Compromise: Bohol or Boracay.

I personally love the diving in the area. You have amazing macro (dark sand) diving right on your doostep. Apo Island for great corals is just s 20 min boat ride away. Having dived quite a bit in the Philippines, the area around Dauin is still one of my fav's.
For a non diver is Atmosphere great, with an amazing spa area.
Bohol is the other place I would say, good diving right in front of the beach and Balicasag just 30 min away.

I would not really recommend Boracay for good diving in comparison to the rest of the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom