atmosphere or amun ini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike jj

owi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I are planning our first trip to the Philippines in Feb, we are considering Atmosphere or Amun Ini resorts. We have a lot of friends who have been to Atmosphere, and know the resort is fantastic but, although the diving is great, there is better diving else where. Would the diving at Amun Ini be much better than Atmosphere? Or possibly do time at each place. Forgot to mention my wife is a non diver.

Thank You
Mike

The "better diving elsewhere" is a very subjective comment. What are you relating it to? If to other Philippine dive locations then that's probably not really true. The macro is outstanding around Dauin and Apo Island has excellent corals at Chapel and the Sanctuary and schooling fish at Coconut and Cogon. I have dove from Amun Ini and would not say the diving there is going to be much better than that which is on offer at Atmosphere. Mostly likely it will be more limited in variety at Amun Ini.

Atmosphere is definitely a better bet for a non diver.

if you have time - do both!

Dauin & Apo have the better and more varied diving sites than the Anda region. The spa at Atmosphere resort is wonderful and there are a few non-diving activities and snorkelling options for your wife.
However there are numerous activities for non-divers in Bohol that would be a short journey from Amun-ini.
You'll be able to take a ferry service between Dumaguete and Tagbilaran so its pretty easy to combine a trip.
Contact a lady called "Bigs" (sent in pm) who is the sales representative for both resorts and will be better able to advise you. (she will also be at the DEMA show in Orlando)

Best wishes and enjoy the Philippines!
Siren Fleet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom