Earthquake today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll be driving the road from Malapascua to Cebu today so will update you.

Bohol

Chocolate Hills Viewing Platform.jpgMy wife and I were in Bohol 2008! My Avatar is on the viewing Platform, in the same spot as the destruction photo! The Hills over my Nephews shoulders are the same hills as at the right in the other photo!
Prayers go out to those who lost loved ones!

Last edited:
sad and tragic news..heartfelt wishes to all involved...

I was in mactan when it happened and it was my first quake. For all the damage in the photos i actually thought it was pretty small, certainly didnt knock me off my feet or tip things off the desk or any of the other things you see on the movies. It wasnt until a friend mentioned it was on the news back home that i found out it was actually pretty significant. It sure stirred the locals up though, and did a lot of damage at nalusuan dive site. I heard marigondon cave got cracked (havent checked myself) divings been pretty quiet here since too. tremors sound pretty neat under water too :)

It's a shame that this will probably put a lot of people off from traveling here to these areas but what these places need is for everything to be business as usual. Not a lot of people have insurance in these places.

It's a shame that this will probably put a lot of people off from traveling here to these areas but what these places need is for everything to be business as usual. Not a lot of people have insurance in these places.

I hope not. The PI is a beautiful place with really nice people and great diving. I haven't heard of anyone not coming to California to dive because of the earthquakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom