Tubbataha 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Izel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there! I have been researching for Tubbataha dives for 2014 but it seem to have become very expensive. Based on what I got from the www, the rate now is between $1900 to $2500 depending on the fleets advertising on the web excluding the local airfare to Puerto Princessa
11.gif
. I seached here but its the same thing in the marketplace also. If this is correct, then it might even be less expensive to dive in Palau than in our own
sad.gif
. Is this really the going rate now? or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
coffee.gif

Regards,
Gi​

If this is correct, then it might even be less expensive to dive in Palau than in our own
sad.gif

Sadly these are the going rates these days for Tubbataha, however as for being more expensive than Palau I think that's way off - once you add the environmental fees and other add on costs on top of the liveaboard costs for 5 days of diving in Palau you won't find many places cheaper than Tubbataha! The only add on for Tubabtaha trips would be airfare and the $75 park fee.

Some smaller boats also go to Tubbataha and can provide cheaper trips. Try Moonshadow would be one example - Philippinen Tubbataha M/B Dschubba liveaboards. Tauchen Puerto Princesa El Nido

There are other even cheaper trips, but you'll need to find contact details for boat captains willing to make the trip - most won't advertise online. This would give you a cheaper rate but the majority of the savings are normally from cutting corners on safety arrangements - i.e. not recommended :-(

just as comparison round trip from manila to Koror, hotel, breakfast, (4days 3 nights) 9 dives, tanks, permits and exit tax around $ 1,900.00 plus food and t shirts $2,000.00+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom