Going from Coron to El Nino?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone done this recently? Going from Coron to El Nino?

What is the best way to go?

There is a regular banka service that goes from Coron to El Nido. The trip is 8 hours. Tao Expedition has 3 and 5 day island hopping trips to El Nido. Everyone that I have talked to really enjoyed the Tao trip. Submariner in El Nido runs a dive expedition from El Nido to Coron. Depending on what your travel day is, you might be able to ride back with them and get a few dives.

Thanks for you suggestions, I looked at Tao Philippines, it does not look like my cup of tea. looks like you are stuck in a Banka boat for 5 days with no privacy for the most part. I also looked at Submariner in El Nido, looks like a good operation but again I am stuck on a Banka boat for 8 hours. I really wish there was a ferry of some type where I could sit on a cushioned seat?

I took a Banka boat for 3 hours from Bohol to Cebu one time, the Banka boat is not made for comfort or sitting very well. 8 hours would be way over my limit to ride a Banka boat based on my 3 hours trip in the past. Any other ideas?

2GO ferry has a large passenger ferry that goes to Puerto Princessa. The trip is 14 hours, but you get a bed. You would then be able to take a bus from Puerto Princessa to El Nido. I don't know the state of the private airstrip in El Nido after the recent typhoon, but you might be able to fly back to Manila and catch the private flight to El Nido. Also you could hire a private seaplane to pick you up in Coron, and drop you in El Nido. Being the thrifty person that I am (ok, I'm cheap), I would say just buy a cushion/pillow and take the 8 hour banka. When I made the trip, I spent more of my time standing at the back of the boat talking with the crew. If the weather is good, then the only rough bit is when you pass Linapacan.

I really believe banka is NOT design for rough sea. On rough sea, even the relative short journey from Batangas to Sabang or vice versa is very uncomfortable.
8 hrs on a banka travelling in open sea? No thank you very much.

thanks for the information but I am not going to ride a banka for 8 hours. it is looking like I may need to skip El Nino altogether? is there something really worth seeing in el nino?

Been thinking bout the same thing, would like to leave from
Puerto galera to El nido
Do anyone know tif there is diving in sablayan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add, I am on budget, means I am a backpacker / diver. How's the diving in sablayan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the banka from Coron to El Nido last year. It is only operating in calm weather and takes about 8 hrs. This is the only budget option between Coron and El Nido. Diving in El Nido is great, but i didn't find it better than Balicasag (bohol) or even Puerto Galera near Manila. Diving is also a bit expensive in El Nido, we paid 3800 PHP for 3 boat dives with equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom