In Sogod which is better? Peters Dive Resort or Sogod Bay Scuba Resort ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Which one is better and why in your opinion?

Prices?
Location?
Staff?
Rooms?

any thing else?

Please advise.............thanks.

When I first dived with Peter all those yrs ago I believe SBSR did not exist at that time(I could be wrong). And since I was more than happy with Peter so I do not see the need to change the operator on my subsequent visit. BTW, there had been a lot of development at Peter's since my first visit.
Don't know anything about SBSR but I would have no problem to use Peter again.

rjjj111 -

And just to confuse matters for you, we opted for Sogod Bay Scuba Resort - we also couldn't decide between the two but opted for SBSR on the basis of a couple of mates having stayed there and we were happy with it - you prob saw my trip report here - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...ogod-bay-some-words-pics-may-june-2013-a.html

As for location, no difference, just a couple of minutes walk along the beach between the two and Peters looked fine as well, though was a little quieter when we were there - which might be a problem if you want to get over to San Ricardo to see a whale shark, as you'll need a few people (think it is 6) to make the trip.

Cheers

thanks for your information. I have been to Donsol and Oslob twice each, so if I do not see whale sharks it is ok.
I would like some great diving. are there any big schools of fish or turtles? is there anything in the town 30 minutes away to see or do?

Diving there is great for macro and of course whale sharks. SBSR is decent place. Food good but limited menu, rooms fine with good view on pebble beach. Pier night dive highlight. Odd bar in town. Local caves can be explored. No fish schools or Pelagics but coral healthy and mix of coral macro and muck dives. Had a great week there.

Actually, I like reef fish, schools of fish, bigger animals, etc..... any more suggestions?

Komodo, raja and Nusa penida probably better options in asia for schools with bigger stuff, other than Palau, layang layang, panagatan for Pelagics. Within Philippines try panagatan in April-May for big stuff.

stayed at both places, can't go wrong either way. they are adjacent to each other. in my limited experience peter's serves more dive sites. i've heard good things about southern leyte divers, but they are farther from the dive sites. try the moose and squirrel 100 meters down the road (towards pb) for drinking and eating, but if you are looking for night life you are going to the wrong place. but the diving is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom