Marigondon Cave Mactan, Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DonCebu

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for posting with a short time notice, but it is easier, not to make any long term plans that could get messed up.

If anyone wants to go diving at Marigondon Cave on Mactan on 01/26/2014 meet us at MDC at 8:00 a.m. Best to call Jens or Charles to reserve your tanks in advance.

We will try to get a cabana at the end of the road from MDC, we will all split the costs, but bring your own food and drinks to hang out between dives. You can bring NON divers to hang out there while we are diving. So it is a nice Sunday for people just to hang out.

In my opinion, the Marigondon Cave is the easiest to get to, best bang for your peso on Mactan. No boat needed, just swim out and drop down the wall.

I love diving Marigondon Cave. Used to be at Divemaster at Plantation Bay so it was just in front of us. If you penetrate the cave and reach the end just kneel at the bottom and turn off your dive lights. You will see flashlight fish. My favorite dives there are when the current is ripping at around 3 to 4 knots. Make an entry at the PB and go down the wall. Make an abrupt turn into the caves mouth into the cave. Going up stay very close to the wall to make you way up and bottom crawl against the current back to the resort.

Back
Top Bottom