Mactan recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flylow47

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I'm planning to dive in Mactan the last week of March and am looking for recommendations on operators and must-see sites. Please share what you think are

- your favorites
- operators/places to avoid - at least based on your own experience

I'm staying on the island already, just looking for suggestions on who to dive with and where to dive.

Thanks!

Tingo Point for threshers. A deep (120' +) dive if you're good enough on air to manage the depth- and prepare for some narcosis also. However the shelf is also home to many benthic critters and well worth the dive even if you don't go deep.

This was a fair few years back when I was living there at Rock Island so the sharks may well have been fished out by now.

Marigondon has some semi decent macro.

Can't comment up to date info on operators...

Hello, I'm planning to dive in Mactan the last week of March and am looking for recommendations on operators and must-see sites. Please share what you think are

- your favorites
- operators/places to avoid - at least based on your own experience

I'm staying on the island already, just looking for suggestions on who to dive with and where to dive.

Thanks!

youtube: "Cave diving / Marigondon cave" that's my last video from there.

Hi flylow47,

I am copying this link from Trip advisor Fun & Sun Dive & Travel - Mactan Island - Reviews of Fun & Sun Dive & Travel - TripAdvisor they are a really friendly bunch of people, have a GREAT boat and a lot of experience in the area. They also have Dive Shops in Malapascua and just opened a new one in Coron (AWESOME wrecks!!!). jc@funsundivetravel.com is one of the owners, if there is anyone who can tell you what the best sites are it is him. :)

Just following up. The diving at Mactan island was world class. Some of the best diving we have done. And we have hit some great spots living in SE Asia. The cave was a cool place to dive and a great way to mix things up. The airplane wreck made for a great family photo at 20m!

Only disheartening part was seeing anchors in coral along the coast. From dive boats nonetheless. No mooring lines around Mactan.

Hi, can you reccomend some dive operators and the sites that you went diving at, we're planning to go in mid Aug for the sardine run and then to oslob for whale shark. We still have not done our own research on where to stay, which dive center to go with and where are the dive sites. Thanx in advance

Back
Top Bottom