Moalboal recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Im looking at going to Moalboal maybe next week so looking for dive centre and accommodation recommendation.

Ideally i'd like a dive centre that doesnt force you to go out in heavily regimented groups (of especially korean/chinese) as my main aim of the trip will be photography. I'm not bothered about luxuries such as someone moving my kit for me etc but i just want a non-rushed small group type of diving.

As for accommodation, i'd settle for cheap. Clean and ideally with hot water but other than that an open to any suggestions - even dorm if needed and it doesn't have to be in the same place as the dive centre.

Cheers, options to consider. They don't seem to have prices on their website that i can find? (not that the website will even load properly on this atrocious kalibo cable internet connection!)

Korean tend to dive with Korean dive shop.
In Moalboal I use Ocean Safari(Nelson's shop) and stay at Eve's Kiosk(next door). Non-AC room is only P500.00.

Just back from 2 days there. Dived with Savedra in the end (because they responded promptly to my emails!) Well run, organised centre with helpful staff.

Conditions (visibility) were fairly poor when i was here, 5-6m of relatively green murk on all the sites so i didn't really see it in its full glory unfortunately. The sardines have moved from Pescador Island to the house reef right next to Savedra. Unfortunately i only got to do one dive with them, early morning so dark with low vis so photographically it wasn't useful. Still spectacular. I'd have liked to have done more dives than the 5 but i only had 2 days. Certainly can see the area has potential, i was just unlucky with the conditions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom