Philippines Siren - a couple of questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I wonder if any of you have recently been on the Philippines Siren and can help me with a couple of questions:

1) is there shower gel in the shower
2) I read that beer is included, are there also spirits included or are these at extra cost
3) is there a ladder on the skiffs which we dive off

Thanks very much

Venus

Hi Everyone

I wonder if any of you have recently been on the Philippines Siren and can help me with a couple of questions:

1) is there shower gel in the shower
2) I read that beer is included, are there also spirits included or are these at extra cost
3) is there a ladder on the skiffs which we dive off

Thanks very much

Venus

1. Don't remember - probably was pretty all inclusive.

2. Spirits were extra cost

3. Ladder into RIB is not very good. Most people had to remove gear to climb up the ladder. Some could climb up with help from the RIB driver. (Without gear on it was an easy entry to the RIB)

PS was on the boat in November

Last edited:
Was just on the Philippine Siren two months ago. There is shower gel in the showers. Correct in that beer free, spirits extra. Don't recall any issue with ladders on the skiffs being flimsy. Top notch boat, crew, food...everything-you'll love it! Feel free to pm if you have any other questions. I did the 10 day Visayas itinerary.

Hi Venus

Great that you are all booked up for the Philippine Siren trip - 13 nights through the Visayas & Tubbataha - its a great trip!

In answer to your questions..
1- yes shower gel is included (in the cabin and deck shower rooms - typically Johnsons or Dove) There is no shampoo / conditioner however as most guests prefer to bring their own brands
2- spirits are not included, charge is 5Euro per glass (double spirit measure of 50ml!)
3- there are ladders on the dive tenders and the crew will happily assist you. You may opt to remove your gear in water if that is easier or climb up with gear on- choice is yours whatever you are more comfortable doing.
The crew will also take your camera from you so you have hands free for equipment removal / holding onto ladder. Likewise for entry into the skiff from the main vessel platform - if its easier for you the crew will carry all your equipment (including camera) to the skiff and you can put on when you are inside :wink:

Wishing you a wonderful trip and looking forward to your post cruise report & photos!

Best wishes & fun diving
Siren Fleet

Please feel free to pm if you have any other questions or queries.

Thanks very much Everyone

Great replies, and yes, I know I have picked the best trip in the Philippines with possibly the best fleet on the ocean

1. Shower gel - good that's a little less I need to pack to come in on baggage allowance
2. Alcohol - I don't drink beer, nice to have a bevi to warm up after a night dive
3. Skiff ladder - I'm a bit of a weedy little girl so, yes, I may have to de-kit as I climb the ladder

@ Siren Fleet -

Those are some really nice pictures you have on your website advertising your new liveaboard in Truk,
I guess it will be of the same first class standard as the rest of the Siren Fleet?
And what a great destination for a double trip after the Philippines Siren or Palau Siren

Back
Top Bottom