Philippines in June.. Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I'm contemplating a trip to the Philippines in early June of this year. I hope to spend 3-4 days diving (either from a dive resort, a live aboard or just on day trips) during this short trip.

As June is the crossover period from dry to wet, I was hoping that someone could recommend what would be the best place to head to, including city/location and even reputable dive companies.

In terms of what I like to see, I really enjoy soft corals, big things and places which have good/great visibility. I prefer warmer water temps and more tropical diving. I'm an advanced diver with 120+ logged dives and will be travelling solo. In terms of budget, I'm happy to spend some money and hover around the "mid level" range, that being said, I live in Australia where diving costs an arm and a leg!

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I'm contemplating a trip to the Philippines in early June of this year. I hope to spend 3-4 days diving (either from a dive resort, a live aboard or just on day trips) during this short trip.

As June is the crossover period from dry to wet, I was hoping that someone could recommend what would be the best place to head to, including city/location and even reputable dive companies.

In terms of what I like to see, I really enjoy soft corals, big things and places which have good/great visibility. I prefer warmer water temps and more tropical diving. I'm an advanced diver with 120+ logged dives and will be travelling solo. In terms of budget, I'm happy to spend some money and hover around the "mid level" range, that being said, I live in Australia where diving costs an arm and a leg!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Visualise
Have a look at asia divers in puerto galera and thresher shark divers in malapascua , been to both and had good experiences with both. Malapascua thresher sharks, ferry wreck, swim throughs, water is warm and viz was good, had some currents but was good, Puerto Galera, reef sharks, nudibranchs by the tonne heaps of variety. Indian Fish lots of colours, razor and pipe fish, clams, pygmy sea horses, waters warm and clear. Lots of places to visit do a google search and pick.

Cheers
Fishfngr.

See Woodman's recent report on Asia Divers/Puerto Galera and see what you think: it would be my choice for a 4-day excursion from Manila. Anilao is just possible as a day trip from Manila. Are you going to be based in Manila, Cebu, Davao...? for the rest of your trip?

Expedition fleet has 2 liveaboard trips to Tubbataha. The second being a transition from Puerto Princessa, Palawan to Batangas. It looks interesting since it will go to Tubbataha, Corin and Apo Reef. You can then make a side trip to Puerto Galera.

Here's a link to their schedules

http://expeditionfleet.com/tubbataha-schedules-and-rates/

Last edited:
Lots of soft corals in Sabang. Easy to get to from Manila (bus then ferry)
I'd recommend Blue Ribbon divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom