Dive Resorts in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajo007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow Divers,

We (my better half and me) are going to Anilao to do some diving mid June and are thinking of diving through Portulano Dive Resort and are planning to stay there for about a week. Do any of you have any experience with this dive resort with regards to diving, accommodations etc. or any other suggestions for a good reliable resort in Anilao, not too posh and not a cheap cowboy outfit?

Cheers
Scubajo007

Thank's DevonDiver,

So you can recommend Portulano, any other suggestions or would you say this is one of the better resorts?
How is diving in Anilao, My better half is not very experienced, so easy dives is what we would like to do.

Portulano is VERY FAR away from all the dive sites! Although I haven't stayed and cannot say anything on whether it is recommandable or not, I know where it is located and can say for sure it will tak eyou hours to get on TWin Rocks or secret garden.

If you want the better comfy resorts check out Buceo, El Pinoy or Acacia which are quite close to the where the best diving is. Eagle point resort would fit the bill as well providing you hire your own guide.
Little less luxury and more oriented with crystal blue, Mayumi, etc.

I can recommand hiring a guide like Dennis Corpuz (anilaocritters.com), Ronnie Corpuz or Jun Lao, they can all organize the transfers from Manila, lodging in the accoms, the diving and of course upscale guiding which is key to Anilao critters.

The diving is easy. At most resorts it is shallows off the beach, then a sand slope that descends well past recreational depths. The shallows are rich with macro marine life, not so much big stuff.

The only other resort I typically use is Scubabro. They offer unlimited shore diving, but you have to pay for a DM, if you need one.

There'll be plenty of recommendations to come for other resorts, I am sure. It might help to specify your budget.

There'll be plenty of recommendations to come for other resorts, I am sure. It might help to specify your budget.

Thank’s Guys.
Yes you are right to be more specific; the price level we are expecting is around USD1500 for10 days. We would like to be near the beach in a resort which has restaurant/bar, dive shop, accommodation with aircon and can provide the dive guide and also have nitrox. If they can provide transit would be nice but not essential.
We have our own equipment except tanks and weights.

Thank’s Guys.
Yes you are right to be more specific; the price level we are expecting is around USD1500 for10 days. We would like to be near the beach in a resort which has restaurant/bar, dive shop, accommodation with aircon and can provide the dive guide and also have nitrox. If they can provide transit would be nice but not essential.
We have our own equipment except tanks and weights.

You may wish to check www.BuceoAnilao.com and https://www.facebook.com/?q=#/pages/Buceo-Anilao-Beach-Dive-Resort/390584771049162?ref=hl :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom