Sabang, PG Day-Trip Dive, possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joshchin1989

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, was wondering if it's possible to leave Manila to Sabang for a day trip dive. As in leave Manila in the wee hours. Arrive Batangas pier, take ferry. Dive in Sabang and head back to MNL by the evening.

I've done Anilao in a single day before. But not sure about Sabang.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I'll be travelling with public transportation.

Is it doable? Or should I stay a night. Looking forward to hearing your advises.

Thanks!

Not Possible , the last boat leaves @ 16.00 to Batangas if u want there's enough cheap accomodation in Sabang to stay a night in Sabang.
Frank

It is doable but you will have to start very early in Manila if you are using public bus. The journey should take about 2hrs because of light traffic BUT do allow an extra hr for anything.
The first ferry from Batangas to Sabang is around 07:30(please check). You have plenty of time to do 3 dives if you arrive at 09:00. Just bring your dive-computer, fins, mask and a towel.

Not Possible , the last boat leaves @ 16.00 to Batangas if u want there's enough cheap accomodation in Sabang to stay a night in Sabang.
Frank

It is doable but you will have to start very early in Manila if you are using public bus. The journey should take about 2hrs because of light traffic BUT do allow an extra hr for anything.
The first ferry from Batangas to Sabang is around 07:30(please check). You have plenty of time to do 3 dives if you arrive at 09:00. Just bring your dive-computer, fins, mask and a towel.

Thank you for the suggestions Frank 707 and Centrals.

How many ferry operators are there from Batangas Port to Sabang? I've searched online and could only find one which is under the name of father and sons.

Also, any recommended diversity shops to dive with?

Thanks again!

As Centrals said, it IS possible with public transport but it's a long day and you might only get a couple of dives in if there are delays on the banca which happens, especialy in low season when they wait for them to fill up before leaving.

FSL is the main company but there are others, Golden Eagle etc; you can also go to/from Muelle (Puerto Galera) or Balatero (the RoRo from there is usually the last return trip, around 3:30ish). Just requires a short (15-20 min) tricylce ride to connect.

There are 30-40 dive shops in Sabang so you'll have no trouble, again especially in low season, but with a limited time it woudl be good to let them know you're coming first to avoid further delays. You'll find everyone's personal favourite in the PI forum, mine is Capt'n Gregg's

You will need a night in Sabang. Earliest SiCat ferry and bus combo back to Manila is 5.30am - I caught the 7.30am SiCat but did not end up back in manila until just before 12 noon.

Highly recommend Sky at South Sea Divers.

Manila to Puerto Galera by bus, ferry, taxi | Rome2rio < Bus and Ferry timetables here just click the icons for each timetable.
Si-Kat only has one trip either direction everyday. It used to provide exclusive land and sea transfer many yrs ago. But the slow catamaran is history and Si-Kat now only provide its own bus + public boat as a combined package. From Sabang it is the 09:15 ferry and the private bus will then take you back to Manila. Swagman also provide similar service but use a van(less comfortable) instead.

I agree on stay the night. There are very reasonable accommodations there (I stayed at Banana Moon when I dove with Action Divers)

Thanks once again for the replies and suggestions!

I actually got licensed in Sabang and stayed with Angelyns throughout my certification. But after that ive been hitting Anilao probably on a monthly basis.

Will take your suggestions into considerations. I really appreciate it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom