Dumaguete Resort Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martinio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

New to the group here. I would just like to crowd-source any recommended dive operators in Dumaguete? Going there in a couple of weeks on holiday. Any dive sites I should not miss? :D

Thanks!

Martin

Liquid Dumquete is wonderful , great value, beautiful diving on Apo and the local sites , brilliant atmosphere , really friendly owners and staff. It does not have air con, but does have big fans.

Resorts..? Can't better Atmosphere - but that would depend on your budget. Prices have risen recently commensurate with the very high quality of the resort. I am VERY impressed with the new Sea Dreams Resorts at Dauin and the recently added Chromodors Dive Centre - I'm looking at it for my large group trip next year and it appears to be brilliant value and very high quality. Regarding dive sites - well they're all good. And I understand the Ducomi Pier is open again which is one of the best shore dives going. Apo Island is worth at least one full day trip (3 dives) and you should also visit Oslob to snorkel with the Whale Sharks (lots of them - though it isn't everybody's style and there are some environmental concerns to be considered.) I had an article published recently on the Oslob experiences which tries to consider all sides of the issue ( ISSUU - Artbutanding by Alan Wiggs ) I really enjoyed all of my dives in Dumaguete. I wrote an article for Sportdiving article which you can link to here...ISSUU - The perfect mix by Alan Wiggs

+1 Liquid Very friendly atmosphere, good food and excellent guides.

If you are on a tight budget and prefer to stay in the city then you should try Harolds Mansion.
"Liquid" is nice but very quiet and isolated.

If your budget extends that far, I cannot say enough good things about the Atlantis resort in Dumaguete. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are elegant. The dive staff is fabulous and we saw SO many amazing critters . . . and the food is excellent. We're going back in October, so I guess that says something about how much we liked the place.

$- Liquid
$$- Atlantis
$$$- Atmosphere

All good. Just pick how many $ you want to spend.

Does anyone else have information about diving Ducomi Pier? I was in Dumaguete the year before the pier was closed and LOVED diving the pier, but went back two years later and was disappointed that I couldn't dive it, and that much of the critters there were gone anyway. I would definitely consider Dumaguete again if the pier is available. I had a great time at both El Dorado and Mike's - neither were fancy but both had great diving and great prices.

Does anyone else have information about diving Ducomi Pier? I was in Dumaguete the year before the pier was closed and LOVED diving the pier, but went back two years later and was disappointed that I couldn't dive it, and that much of the critters there were gone anyway. I would definitely consider Dumaguete again if the pier is available. I had a great time at both El Dorado and Mike's - neither were fancy but both had great diving and great prices.

Hi dogdrjohn,
I checked yesterday with our Dive Shop Manager at Dumaguete and unfortunately the Ducomi Pier is still prohibited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom