Tusa Dealers in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bee_diver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I lost my last mask Sunday diving in Mactan and I started to research on new masks.
I really want to get the Tusa Visualator or Tusa Freedom HD but Scuba World only has old stocks :(

Does anyone know where I can find newer Tusa gear?

Thanks,
Bee

I don't know if this suits you, but I've been ordering all my gear in the US through johnnyair. I do this routinely to get things from the first world. I saw that mask at leisurepro for $65 with free shipping (in the US). Johnnyair will re-ship from the US using air freight for about USD$6 a pound or some dimensional weight. I prefer receiving packages than shopping here- ymmv

Yes. Johnnyair works. But not all dive shops/stores accept foreign credit cards or are willing to ship to an addresses other than the billing address of the card. Dive Right In Scuba and Piranha dive are two of the few who do. Shops with Amazon storefronts also do. But remember that Johnnyair will not consolidate packages for you so you might be charged for 10 little packages instead of the one big parcel that you are expecting :).

HI Bee,
we have a mask in stock which seems to be made from the same mold as TUSA Visualator. TUSA the OEM for some other brands when it comes to masks.
The mask is the Seemann VISO (large) and VISO compact (small).
While you might be able to snap some deals by ordering online you might want to fit a mask before buying.

Hey Torben! Haven't seen or heard from you in a while now! I hope alles gut with you and your family. I'm still with the same resort in Dumaguete, mucking around.

We had the Seemann VISO in our retail shop and they sold well. I was hoping to get one for myself (black skirt) but it sold out. Haven't really used one yet but field-of-view was much wider compared to most masks. And yeah, the large VISO is a copy of the TUSA Visualator. Was able to do a side-by-side comparison of the two masks; some cosmetic differences but same frame & skirt. How much do they go for now? Have to go to Cebu and drop by your shop one of these days...

-marco

Oh, and what's Johnnyair? Is that some kind of service that forwards stuff you buy online in the States to an address here in 'pinas?

Yep. Johnnyair is a cargo forwarding service as you described.

Thanks Pao. I checked their website. Can you use any online retailer, or is your choice of retailer limited to the ones found in their site? I e-mailed them this question but they haven't replied yet. Have you used Johnnyair yourself?

-marco

Thanks Pao. I checked their website. Can you use any online retailer, or is your choice of retailer limited to the ones found in their site? I e-mailed them this question but they haven't replied yet. Have you used Johnnyair yourself?

-marco

Any retailer willing to ship to a US address using a Philippine credit card would do. For dive gear you have Leisurepro, Dive Right in Scuba and Piranha Dive Manufacturing. Many dive stores also have Amazon storefronts. Yes I have used Johnnyair for things I cannot get locally like HOG and XDeep stuff. I also got a few specialty tools for my regs. For stuff which is locally available its is better to get it here for warranty purposes and support. They are also cheaper to get locally in the long run. You can also post it here if you need something. (I think you know that already ;-))

Back
Top Bottom