Review of Magic Island Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good report.........Question---if you're standing with your back toward the resort & you're facing the water, which way is Turtle Bay???.......TIA, we were @ TBR year before last & I'm trying to figure out where this resort is in relation to TRB........

EDIT:.....here's a short quick video of us 'landing' @ TBR(we came in by boat from Dumaguete--Pura Vida Resort).....On which side of TBR is Magic Island in this video ie from the water side...???

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/8168395516/in/set-72157631944299597

Back toward resort facing the water, Turtle Bay is to the right.

In your Video, you panned to the right, and there were some boulders, To the right of the boulders is Magic Island. You got a quick clip of their dive shop.

They are truly side by side.

---------- Post added June 13th, 2014 at 10:48 AM ----------

Diver85 Your photo
left of dock---low tide
Is a shot of Magic Island's Dive Shop

Yep------saw their shop on the video........Did you get to do the mandarinfish dive right out front in between the 2 resorts???...That was COOL......

EDIT:.....here's some of my pics from a twilight/nite dive in between the resorts........again, an interesting little wall.........

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157631848202460/

I usually skip the Mandarin Fish Dives as I have done a bunch and I also can see one everyday in my home aquarium.

You're lucky........But that is one nice beautiful little wall sitting out there about a hundred yards---or less.......Not just for mandarinfish observing.......

Got to see several of these---sleeping
14408316962_cc11147376_o.jpg
[/URL]philippines turtle taking off 14 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

and a couple of these:
8127403808_2d015b3945_o.jpg
[/URL]Giant frogfish with sea cucumbers @ nite---bigger pic.. by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

All in all, not too bad of a dive....

I've got to say I've stayed at Turtle bay and recommend it, apart from the remoteness.
mind you a trike will get you to the other restaurants in 15 minutes.

Man, I am envious. Great photos too! I've got a lot of traveling to do.

Man, I am envious. Great photos too! I've got a lot of traveling to do.

Would you believe---I just uploaded this pic about an hour ago------Was looking thru some old SD cards & found this one I skipped(over looked)--from in front of these 2 resorts we were talking about.........That FF is a weird looking dude, to me.......

14415225136_29e1865304_o.jpg
[/URL]philippines frogfish nite 14 by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom