Boracay Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martinio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody,

I would again like to crowd-source some recommendations for dive operators in Boracay? I am heading there in a couple of weeks on holiday and would love to do some diving. Any operators you would recommend diving with on a day trip? As well as any dive sites I should not miss?

Thanks! :cool2:

Martinio

P.S. Thank you for all your suggestions re: Dumaguete. I stayed and dove Apo Island with Liquid Dumaguete and had a blast!

I dove with lapu-lapu dive center 3x already. Everytime i visit Boracay. Great service, their shop is after Dmall.

im my opnion the intersting dive site are Tri-bird, Camia wreck, and Yapak

Calypso divers. One of the best operators there with good facilities. Did most of my padi training with them. You can stay there or stay elsewhere and just dive with them but their rooms are higher end. Very safety conscientious and lovely staff.

Personally i'd say go with Dive Gurus or Calypso. Calypso however generally are much more expensive.

I can think of about 4 decent centres on Boracay and 40 atrocious ones.

As for decent dive sites, Camia (shipwreck), Yapak (deep wall drift) and Crocodile Island (Nice corals albeit battered a bit by Typhoon last year). It depends when you're going though - Camia, tribird and Yapak are likely to be mainly undivable for a few months as its monsoon season. Most operators now can only dive in the east due to the wind, waves and rain that'll be around until October.

None of them do day trips, all the sites are within 20 mins of shore so all the dives are out and back in between.

Calypso do day trips but probably not in July August due to weather and not daily. Sometimes they go maniguin island or to Panay as day trips in march-April time.

Back
Top Bottom