Dive Safari with Sea Explorers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone:

I am planning a dive safari in the Visayas in May 2016 for my dive club. I am considering using Sea Explorers and dive in Malapascua, Cabilao, and Dauin. There are relatively few reviews of Sea Explorers out there and would appreciate any feedback if you have used them in the past.

Many thanks,

Christophe

We have stayed and dived with Sea Explorers in Malapascua, Alona and Dauin. They are a Swiss company and many of the divers are Swiss and German , so may not use SB.In any case they are absolutely first rate , the accommodation is wonderful and the guides who are almost all local are all first class. Looking at Tripadvisor reviews of the properties will give you more information , although I'm sure that you have already done this. They we also extremely good at transferring you between locations and it is sometimes possible to.do two dives en route.

Hope this helps

The Atlantis Azores covers all three locations, so that can be an option. The Azores is a liveaboard though, not safari. A liveaboard would make transfers easier, maybe?

If it may help, we have sent hundreds of divers to all Sea Explorers branches for several years and the satisfaction rate is really very high... They/we also organize island hopping a la carte which is very similar to the Safaris, staying several nights in each destination and doing the transfers by dive boat/car/ferry. This way, guests can stay diving in one particular destination and move after few days to the next, under one same accommodation rate (same as Buceo Anilao). Obviously, this is only possible if you can stay at lest 4 nights per destination (Alona, Cabilao, Dauin, Malapscua and even possible to include Moalboal through our/their partner resort Kasai Villlage).

I dove and stayed with them a Malapascua, Dauin and Alona in Jan/Feb 2013. Very well run operation. I agree with Tippytoes above.

ps: May 2016?!!! Good grief, that's way forward plannning! :)

I'm headed to the Philippines in September and booked with Sea Explorers for a 3 week stay. Although I've never dived with them, I can say that the booking process is very efficient and transparent. I told them what I would like and they promptly responded with a detailed invoice with all transfers, diving and accommodation. If the dive operation runs this smooth, then we are in for a fantastic trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom