inexpensive dive shop in Manila for certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skidroe803

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I met a friend online while doing research for my first trip to the Philippines. I'd like to get them scuba lessons. The only places I'm finding online are fairly expensive, US$350-400 range, and geared more to tourists. I know here in Arizona I can get them for $175 for a full PADI cert. Does anyone here know someplace in the Manila area that I could help them get lessons less expensively or is that 350-400 range about right?

That is the going price and pricing is the same for locals and tourists. That is still exclusive of the resort fees for the checkout dive. Where are your friends located? I have an instructor friend you can talk to who might be able to help you.

US$175.00 for a PADI OW in Arizona! What is the extra?
I paid more than that in Philippines over 18 yrs ago!! But that included boat charges, dive, gear and the study book was FREE(loaned) back in those days.

You need to supply the snorkel, fins and mask. Some include the books some you need to supply depending on the shop. but $250-300 is high average. I know a few instructors that I can get friends cert with for gear rental if your willing to work around their schedule. There is a local lake that we use to do open water dives at, not great diving but good enough to get wet in.

Pao
She lives in Manila near the airport area. I've never been to Manila before so I don't know how to describe better than that.

You need to supply the snorkel, fins and mask. Some include the books some you need to supply depending on the shop. but $250-300 is high average. I know a few instructors that I can get friends cert with for gear rental if your willing to work around their schedule. There is a local lake that we use to do open water dives at, not great diving but good enough to get wet in.

Pao
She lives in Manila near the airport area. I've never been to Manila before so I don't know how to describe better than that.

PM Sent

Back
Top Bottom