tech training in PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brew77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any recommendations for tech training in PI? I've contacted a couple instructors in Puerto Galera (Extreme Technical Diving Philippines and Tech Asia Divers Institute). But I'm looking for entry level technical training to get me started. Thanks.

After much due diligence I chose to take courses from Sam Collett (Tech Asia, in Puerto Galera and Subic Bay) and Matt Reed (Evolution, in Malapascua). I recommend both.

In addition to those two, there are other good technical diving instructors in the Philippines.

There are also some good technical diving instructors who do not live in the Philippines, but who visit sometimes to teach courses or explore cave systems or look for historic wrecks, etc. Ben Reymenants, Bruce Konefe and Gideon Liew are all instructors whom I don't personally know -- but I've been diving with divers who were trained by one or more of those guys, and from what I gather, none of those guys would be a bad choice.

Ok thanks for the reply. I did contact Ben Reymenants from blue label diving about course also. I'm looking at going to either Thailand or philipenes. Thanks for the input.

I'd recommend Evoluation on Malapascua (as already mentioned above).

PG: Mark Cox, Ethei and Slim Sam Collet. Paul Neilsen(Daddy) is probably more interested on CCR than OC but he is surely experience on tec diving. He has his own nice set up in his own place. Can't go wrong with him either.
Malapascua: Matt Reed
I really do not see the point of "importing" instructor from aboard, it will add up the cost as well as schedule flexibility.

True, I have talked to Paul Neilson and he seems like a good choice. The thing is, there is a lot of good instructors it seems, so its hard to make up my mind. But Im gonna check out some of the other ones mentioned above and settle on one. I want to start training early next year probably. I live in Japan, so its easy and cheap to fly to the Philippines.

True, I have talked to Paul Neilson and he seems like a good choice. The thing is, there is a lot of good instructors it seems, so its hard to make up my mind. But Im gonna check out some of the other ones mentioned above and settle on one. I want to start training early next year probably. I live in Japan, so its easy and cheap to fly to the Philippines.
You can even stay in his place if you are only interested in diving or talking to him or his fellow students/customers. He can also set up a big mirror in shallow water so you can check your trim!!
All those mentioned are competent and experience.
Hope your venture into tec diving would be a long and last one. Take your time and ENJOY.

Hi Brew77As you may know its also worth considering what agency you want to go with to help narrow down your decision. At Evolution we teach TDI so your entry level option is a combination course of Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures. If you want to take a PADI course then you can expect to use a dual bladder wing, for better or (more likely) worse.Plenty of good options mentioned above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom