malapascua dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
all the talk of malapascua on another thread (first timer needing advice for philippines trip) has got me planning a trip back to malapascua. i'll be there for 6 days over new year's and staying at cocobana. any opinion about cocobana? as they do not seem to have a dive operator associated, anyone have a favorite? it has been a couple years since i have been there. prefer to stay away from places like thresher shark divers (and tsd specifically and in particular) and that ilk. i find the "padi 5 star" ops to be a tad full of themselves and given a choice run the other way. not in need of any further instruction, but one of these days i might be talked into a tdi solo diver program, and would consider it this trip. i have no issue diving with a filipino owned and operated diveop, and actually prefer it as long as they are well run and have the resources to visit a variety of sites. i am usually good for 2 dives in the morning (open to a third dive) over 2 days, day off, and repeat.

bill i know you are heading that way in a couple days -

thanks -

ralph

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom