Recommendations for diving in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martinio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good resort and dive operator in the Bohol - Panglao area? I am going to be visiting/diving in January.

Also, any dive spots I should not miss? (Open Water only though sorry :()

Thanks!
Martinio

How long are you going to be in Bohol Martinio? Most of the diving is fairly easy and perfect for open water divers. Balicasag Island is still one of my favorite sites in the Philippines. It is just off the coast of Panglao and there are boats going there for diving.

PS. To anyone that is planning on diving in Bohol, Please do so as soon as possible. Panglao suffered another major set back this week. There was the earthquake and typhoon last year. Just two days ago a storm came through and destroyed most of the diving fleet. It is pretty bad. I don't think any shop on Alona was spared.

IMG_20141127_112101.jpgIMG_20141127_112556.jpg

Wow, that's awful. I had not heard anything about this Kevin, so thanks for the info. I have not visited Bohol since 2010, but when I did I dived with Genesis divers and was very impressed with their staff and service. There are plenty good and easy dives around the area that are great for open water divers, so no worries there.

Thanks for the reply and the heads up Kevin! will be staying only for four days so just a few dives sadly.

I'll definitely keep Balicasag Island in mind!

Headed there right now. And I was there last year immediately (and I mean IMMEDIATELY) after the typhoon and earthquake. Diving was excellent then and I'll report back in a few days. We're staying at Amun Ini.

mark

You made an excellent choice with Amun Ini. My wife and I were there for a week in September and had a fantastic time. We've never been taken care of as well as we were there - Bigs, Fred, and the rest of the staff are great hosts. The resort is outstanding including accommodations, food, and diving. They offer the combination of beautiful reef diving within a 5-10 minute boat ride of the resort and also muck diving that is 30-40 minutes away (see attached pic of blue-ringed octopus).

You will enjoy!DSCN0448.jpg

Sierra Madre were fantastic when I dived with them almost exactly a year ago. Balicasag I agree is awesome...there is a massive school of jacks that are really chilled out plus lots and lots of turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom