tubataha -beginers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordan23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi
we hane done the advance adventure course yesterday . the first open water weve done in anileo last april. we have now 22 time diving only. is it ok to do in the end of march this safari?

our holiday is between 28 of march till 10 of april so we are looking for rersonible price safari..

thanks for advice

Tubbataha Reef is an amazing place to dive I have been many times but it can be quite a tough place to dive even for experienced divers as Inhave seen. The shallow reefs are surrounded by very steep walls that can extend to 200 plus meters and you can experience strong currents with strong down currents. Most of the dives will tak place on the walls and you need to be able to maintain good buoyancy and have good air consumption or you could end up having very short dives, most dives can end on the shallower reefs giving you more bottom time which can still offer great diving. Also it can be easy to loose track of your no deco times if it is not monitored very carefully (each diver should have their own dive computer here, Tubbataha reef is quite remote if any dive accidents happen.

Why would anyone want to join a liveaboard to dive either Camiguin or Malapascua?
Diving in Camiguin is very very ordinary as compare with other places in the country. The Island is only a short hop from Cebu City and the selection of dive sites are very limited. But if you like hiking then it is different story. There are 7 volcanoes on the island.
Malapascua is much much better than Camiguin and you can reach it from Cebu City in under 5-6hrs by public transport.
Other recommended places for inexperienced diver are Bohol, Dumaguete and Moalboal.

hi

ive been in balicasag and tour bit of the phillipins ( anileo, batad. el nido, etc). i can stay in el nido. its just that i heared that tubattahha is the best

hi

ive been in balicasag and tour bit of the phillipins ( anileo, batad. el nido, etc). i can stay in el nido. its just that i heared that tubattahha is the best
It is the BEST but not really suitable for inexperienced diver.
Dumaguete and Moalboal are better for you.
One of the liveaboard M.B Dschubba(www.moonshadow.ch) insist of min of 137 logged dive!
If you are looking for dive safari then Sea-Explorers based in Cebu has regular trip around Visayas. Easy Diving in Sipalay probably has similar schedule.

and coron?

and coron?
Coron is in different league!!!
But please check the depth of those wrecks on line and I would say some of them are NOT suitable for the inexprienced. They are far too deep 30m+. You have to decide if you want to dive just a selected few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom