Logistics, Pesos & Water Late ANA flight & private transfer to Club O Anialo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are arriving Manila on ANA from Tokyo (terminal 4?) at 9pm on a Tuesday night and will have a private transfer to Club O in Anilao. I am trying to get a handle on when/where to get pesos and water. I know that there are ATMs before customs, but that you can't bring in more than a certain amount of pesos, I assume there are ATMs after customs?

Also, what about water - should we buy a bunch at the airport? Or would it be better to ask the driver to stop somewhere along the way to Anilao to get water/pesos? Is this safe? Will anywhere be open? Can I get larger jugs of water in Anilao? I am one of those big water drinkers so its a concern for me altho I am sure Club O will have bottled water for sale.

Pretty much the same question about food, where to get some if we are hungry once our flight arrives? Will things be open/safe?

Thanks we are first timers to PI and for such a long trip (coming from USA - so about 20 hours travel time).

We are arriving Manila on ANA from Tokyo (terminal 4?) at 9pm on a Tuesday night and will have a private transfer to Club O in Anilao. I am trying to get a handle on when/where to get pesos and water. I know that there are ATMs before customs, but that you can't bring in more than a certain amount of pesos, I assume there are ATMs after customs?

Also, what about water - should we buy a bunch at the airport? Or would it be better to ask the driver to stop somewhere along the way to Anilao to get water/pesos? Is this safe? Will anywhere be open? Can I get larger jugs of water in Anilao? I am one of those big water drinkers so its a concern for me altho I am sure Club O will have bottled water for sale.

Pretty much the same question about food, where to get some if we are hungry once our flight arrives? Will things be open/safe?

Thanks we are first timers to PI and for such a long trip (coming from USA - so about 20 hours travel time).
usually I ask my driver to stop on the way at a bank when they are open or even a reliable money changer on the street in Manila outskirts, this may be surprizing but they have good rates, much better than at the airport.
I am not sure this could be completely safe in some places but I am not the kind of being intimidated, usually open places where there are people but not a crowd are safe, the driver knows too and never had any issues anyway.
I remeber having changed around 1000 euros around 11PM without any fear, taking my time to count the money back.

You will find plenty of grocery shops on the way to buy bottled water or snacks. 40 minutes drive from the airport there is a kind of a big fast food eatery where usually the driver stops for Coffee/ chicken and rice/ pee/ ciggie / fueling, I think it would probably be the best place for a drink, a snack or anything else involving fluids.

T4 is the old domestic terminal and I don't think any international flights landed there. But I could be wrong.
ANA usually landed at T3. There are couple of banks where you can change money after you clear the custom. There are plenty of places for food at T3. Burger King is to the right as you come out after custom(everything is inside the building). There are plenty service stations along the route so you can store up(water, snack, toiletries etc) and having a Big Mac/Pizza etc.
But if you find yourself indeed landed at T4, no problem as there are plenty exchage places not too far way. Your driver should know.

Cash is KING in the country.
Have a nice trip.

diverjen, when you are going to be at Club O? I'll be there later this month..you will love it! As the others mentioned, you'll have plenty of opportunities to get food/water if desired prior to getting into Anilao, and at Club 0 you'll always have access to refilling your water jugs as well as have drinking water provided in your room. I wouldn't be too concerned about changing too much money right away..I'm not what your plans might be after Anilao but for the time at Club 0 you likely won't be leaving the resort and they accept USD. Since they only accept cash and price in USD anyway, you also don't need to earmark any converted funds for your payment there. Have stayed at Club O several times and feel free to pm with any other questions if you like.

Thank you all for the kind and helpful responses! We aren't going for another couple of months, but it's starting to feel real! It really puts me at ease to know there will be drinking water provided at Club O!

We we will be in Anilao for 7 nights and then going to PG for 6 nights and staying at blue ribbon, then back to Manilla for an overnight before flying out the next morning. I am already feeling it will fly by too fast. Hopefully though it will inspire us to come back and try some other areas of PI and SE Asia.

thanks ocdiver! I know Jose said they were remodeling a few months back, I'll be interested to see pictures!

Club O is a worry-free zone. They provide drinking water, great help with nitrox tanks and gear from the boatmen, great food from Joy (OK, no pretentious fancy stuff, but great local style cooking), and simply amazing critter spotting from Alexis and Peri. The airport transfer van makes it easy to get there. You won't need many pesos at all, and I've just used an ATM in the airport. I also pre-paid via wire transfer so I didn't bring so many dollars either - just for a nice tip for the great staff.

Club O is not a luxury hotel, but I found myself feeling at home there rather quickly. I am smiling thinking of my two visits, and wondering when my next one will be!

For the second part of your trip, check with Blue Ribbon whether any bank-based ATMs in Sabang are working reliably. There is a small fee for a withdrawal, and a limit of something like 10,000 pesos -- but handy to have cash for tips, eating out, and the inevitable souvenirs from the beach vendors. Or... if you are transiting via Batangas, plenty of ATMs there.

Nice trip plan. Have a wonderful, wet time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom