Suggestions for a one-week dive holiday (October 17-25, 2015)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskychemist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got one week to dedicate to a dive holiday in October and I'm trying to find options. I currently live in Bangkok, so I'd be flying out of there. I'm looking for either a liveaboard or dive resort where I can get 4 dives per day, including a night dive, each day of my trip. My budget isn't incredibly high, but luxury accomodations aren't a must either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Lowell

If you can fly directly to Cebu then Bohol, Dumaguete, Moalboal and Malapascua etc.
If Manila is your only direct link then either Anilao or Puerto Galera.
All these places can offer night dive on any day as long as weather permitted.
Oct is typhoon season.

Cebu Pacific(5J) flies to Manila from Bangkok twice a day. The red eye flight(0040) will get you to Manila around 0500. Plenty of time to take public transport(~P800.00/US$18.00)) to PG/Sabang. Private transfer will set you back US$130.00 at least!! And you can start diving in the same afternoon(17th).
If you take the late flight(2135) back to Bangkok on 24th Oct, you would have a total of over 6 full days of diving + the sunday(25th) to recover at home.
5 dives a day is NOT unheard of in PG. And you can easily do 20+ dives over the period. Take it easy.
Budget operators: Frontier Scuba, Sea Rider and South Sea, of course there are others as well. And if you want to get away from the "noises" in Sabang then you can stay at Campbell and dive with Scandi Diver in Big La Laguna which is about 15mins walk from the public pier in Sabang.
Cebu Pacific regularly has promotion fare and P1.00 one way is the lowest. So keep your eye open if you do decide to pick Philippines as your diving destination.

Last edited:
Very cool Centrals. Thanks for the tips. I'm still working on possibilities. Bali seems to be on the forefront right now, but I'm working on learning more about PG and other places in the Phillipines.

Thanks again.
Lowell

I second what Centrals said about staying in the PG area. Some people don't like Sabang because it can be somewhat of a late-night party scene, but Scandi Divers on la Laguna is a good choice if you want to keep your distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom