Threshers on CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I recently did my rebreather training with Matt Reed in Malapascua, and we did two of the course dives to Monad Shoal where the thresher sharks are every morning. This is a cool dive with regular scuba gear, but without bubbles to bother the sharks it was insanely cool. Enjoy the images!

16231084810_48dda6254d.jpg

16417473882_0b905cf8f4.jpg

16237941657_f960be507c.jpg

Beautiful!!! How many Thresher sharks can you expect to see on each dive. Are they only there very early in the morning? Are there more or less at any specific time of the year?

I can't wait to do this dive this summer!!!

Thanks! I have encountered 0 to 5 sharks on these dives, but usually 1 or 2. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's not just one shark coming back repeatedly. They are their all day long, but more likely so around sunrise, that's why the thresher dives start around 5:30 am . I haven't noticed any seasonality. It's a special dive for sure.

Beautiful!!! How many Thresher sharks can you expect to see on each dive. Are they only there very early in the morning? Are there more or less at any specific time of the year?

I can't wait to do this dive this summer!!!

Back
Top Bottom