HELP! Horrible Cebu Pacific website non-functional, how else can I get tickets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmaloof

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, we want to get tickets for 3pm March 1st to Dumaguete. Getting into Manila at 11am. We really do not want to stay in Manila if we don't have to (it would be nice to wake up in Dauin the next day and start diving. We only have two weeks and are also going to Malapascau, so we'll loose at least a day traveling there). So we really want to make that flight. The problem is that every time before I finish up purchasing a ticket, the damn site crashes. EVERYTIME! I am desperate, and I imagine I'm going to be told to call them. We REALLY want to try and make that flight! And what faith do I have that we will be able to buy tickets at the counter for the next morning? About none.If only I had paid the extra $ and we just flew into Cebu at 11.45pm, took the Ferry the next day. I've read lots of horrible stuff about Cebu Pacific. Oh Thailand, why did we not return to you? (Ok, I'm joking a bit here, but the three times we went to Thailand, everything always worked out great. But we ARE excited to dive and explore the Philippines, it's just this first travel issue). The alternate airline's flight is at 1:20 pm, doubt we would make that landing at 11am. Looking at the potential of a night in a Manila airport hotel.

Last edited:
Cebu Pacific is not glamorous for sure, but it's possible. Is it payment page? I've had lots of credit cards not work with them, sometimes it can be as simple as trying a different card. Or calling your card/bank to let them know a charge in the Philippines is coming. Be careful too that you're not being charged each time, and just not getting a confirmation.

Don't buy the 1:20 flight, you'll be nervous the whole trip over. If this doesn't work out, I'd just do the walkup thing like you mentioned in the other thread. Or just do the night in Manila if you have to be a planner. :) I've done walk-up several times.

Manila is not Bangkok, as your other thread mentions, but it's not the end of the world. The hotels are fine, some places to visit like Intramuros are historical, or there is shopping, markets etc. Or just relax from jet lag near the sunset and Manila bay. The Phils can be awesome, but travel is one of the hardest parts there. Don't let it get you too desperate before you even go.

To make a booking via phone or for feedback, questions and suggestions, please contact Cebu Pacific through the following: ​
CALL CENTER

​​Manila:
Tel: +632-7020-888

1. Manila is NOT a SH%$ hole!
2. I bought two 5J tickets on line recently without any mishap. Just keep trying over various time of the day. As already suggested your credit card could be the problem. Try different cards.
3. There are several flights to Cebu from late afternoon onwards by both 5J and PAL.
4. Make sure your cards are acceptable otherwise you will need lot of cash for the trip.
5. I had given up the idea of returning to Thailand long time ago! Philippines is simply much better.

Maybe not, but the airport will give a SH%$ hole a run for its money.
T1 is just bearable if everything works and you are not flying in on a 747! 2hrs to get my checked bag once during Christmas peak period!!
No wonder CX and SQ had moved over to T3 which is slightly better.
However, as far as I am concern no plane bigger than a A330 or similar should be allowed to touch down at NAIA.

5. I had given up the idea of returning to Thailand long time ago! Philippines is simply much better.
I have enjoyed myself the two times I went to Phuket. What makes PI better than Thailand to you? I want to take my GF to Thailand and PI.

I have enjoyed myself the two times I went to Phuket. What makes PI better than Thailand to you? I want to take my GF to Thailand and PI.
1. Varieties in different diving areas, wrecks, macro, coral etc etc.
2. Close proximity of different areas. I can be on the next island within 3-4hrs or even shorter and dive something else. A wall dive at Moalboal and then the macro in Dumaguete, same apply to Anilao and PG or others. Available holiday time is the only limiting factor.
3. Thailand has a lot to offer top side but under water......Philippines is simply better.
4. Ignore what I said and see for yourselves and you won't be disappointed.

1. Manila is NOT a SH%$ hole!

I had the misfortune of living in Ermita/Malate area of Manila for two months recently, and I can't think of any other word to describe it.

For the OP, you are not alone. I have never had any success with the Cebu Pacific website. My wife is a travel agent and she will usually just physically go to a Cebu Pacific satellite office to book flights for her clients because the Cebu Pacific website is so dysfunctional. I would not try to take the PAL flight at 1320. I don't think there is any way that you could make it in time.
Best of luck. Once you are finally at Dumaguete all of this headache will have been worth it.

I had the misfortune of living in Ermita/Malate area of Manila for two months recently, and I can't think of any other word to describe it.

For the OP, you are not alone. I have never had any success with the Cebu Pacific website. My wife is a travel agent and she will usually just physically go to a Cebu Pacific satellite office to book flights for her clients because the Cebu Pacific website is so dysfunctional. I would not try to take the PAL flight at 1320. I don't think there is any way that you could make it in time.
Best of luck. Once you are finally at Dumaguete all of this headache will have been worth it.
I never heard any complaints from my mates but they do live in different areas!
Logging into Cebu Pacific website can be problematic. However, most of time I never encountered any problem, bought two tickets on line last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom