Helpful information for opening a padi dive shop in the philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm foreign divemaster here in the philippines. I want to start up a diving business here.

- I need information on how much i need to invest for a padi dive shop?
- how much does it earn monthly on average?
- and the first steps to approach the business.
- which island of the philippines would you recommend?

Dive shop owners and people engaged in this business are welcome to share some of their experiences.

thank you!
Mahdi

I suggest first step is to get a lawyer. Get the lawyer to make you legal in the country. There's several ways to do this but if you're investing enough to start a business then that should allow you legal status through one visa or another. The lawyer will also be able to advise you on starting a company and how that process works - you will need Filipino partners.

How much to invest and how much you'll earn are pretty open questions. You can open a very basic diveshop for very little - but then you'll earn little. If you invest more then you'll earn more. From pretty much nothing upwards.

I also suggest you look at the options PADI has available to assist people like you. You'll need to research the different locations and decide which one suits your needs. There's different reasons to go to one island or another and no one can decide that for you.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom