Find an instructor position in the philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milliard

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I'm looking for advice on how to get a job in the beautiful Philippines.

I'm a French and English speaking MSDT with a little less than a year of experience but many courses conducted (180 certs).
I've been working mostly in Thailand and now in Malaysia.

I see no job offers online and i think i need to go there to find some employment, right ?

Any advice on where should i go ? what are my chances of finding a job there ?

Thanks you :)

... I'm a French and English speaking MSDT with a little less than a year of experience but many courses conducted (180 certs). I've been working mostly in Thailand and now in Malaysia. ...

Welcome to SB!

There are several Philippines-based divers on SB who could point out good operators.

You are multilingual. How cool! Do you think you could pick up some Korean, Japanese, German or Tagalog? I hope someone will correct me if there are more useful languages than the ones I listed.

Trip reports are always welcome. If you have a few stories to tell about dive sites in Malaysia, I think you would have a ready and interested audience. Dive operators love it when positive stories about their work appear in third-party channels. We love to read them here, even if we have no specific plans to go anytime soon. A particularly well-written report might even catch the eye of a Philippines-based dive op.

An instructor who can generate sales through interesting writing is a valuable person to have around. :)

Best of luck!

I would consider looking in a bit more crowded places were you have a lot of walk in clientele. Places like Alona beach, Malapascua, and Boracay would be a good start to look into.

I would start by researching the different location sand figuring out which you prefer. There's a big difference to working in Dumaguete and PG, or many other places. Then look at the operators and send out a few emails. If they all say no then you know not to bother! Or someone might say yes.

It will vary a lot from shop to, but we tend to have our team in place and don't often need new people, so many emails we receive looking for work just get told thanks but no thanks. However we are always happy to meet people if they are in the location, as we never know when we might need a freelancer.

The busiest locations like PG and Alona beach would certainly be the best bet of picking up some work by just showing up.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom