Where to dive in Cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swivel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be in Cebu from 12/7/15 - 12/10/15 and want to dive on 12/8 and 12/9. Where would you recommend to dive? I would like to see whale sharks and coral reefs. I am a newly certified diver and only have 6 total dives. I am hoping to get at least 50+ logged dives before I go on my SE Asia trip.

Cebu City or Cebu Island?
There are dive operators on Mactan Island, where the Cebu International Airport situated, but plenty of them cater mainly for Korean.
But if you have couple of free days then a 2hrs of bus journey will bring you to Moalboal where the diving is good as well as not really challenging. Operators there will organize trip to Oslob if there is demand.

I recommend to dive in oslob. you get 99% of seeing whale shark. if you want to see coral reef. you can rent a boat going to balicasag island. or you can also try cabilao island.
For tresher sharks, definitely malapascua

Enjoy Philippines

I agree with Centrals. If you just wana get your head under the water then there are diveshops in mactan, but Moalboal is the closest good diving destination with nice dive operators and nice divesites. if you can manage to go there on the 7th then you can make the most out of it on the 8th and 9th, there are resorts that do transfers 24/7 from cebu to moalboal. Not sure if they are making the whaleshark trips daily. You might want to contact the diveshops ahead of time. Other destination nearby is cabilao but with the 2 day timeframe will be hard to the whalesharks as well.

I have friends in the area and I will be diving in Anilao 13,14,15,16 17 onward too Moalboal for some more diving from March and in Mactan on the 23,24 .Send me a private message and I can tell you the resorts I stayed at and the prices . I have a close friend on the Cebu area whom is and Instructor and acts as A freelance dive guide also ,He was with GUE and now with UTD and if you are looking to work on your skills while having fun he is the guy for you .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom