Suunto Spyder Dive computer Servicing and change of Battery in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wipeout26

Reaction score
Hi,

What a pain!

Does anyone know where to send my Suunto Spyder dive computer for servicing and change of Battery in the Philippines. Anywhere at Negros, Cebu, South Leyte or Manila?

Cheers,
Simon.

scubaworld's the exclusive distributor of suunto dive products in the country... even if you can buy suunto computers elsewhere, they came from scubaworld

chances are they would send it to scubaworld (and thus to SW manila) just the same... it may be a pain or a hassle (especially if you're not in manila) but it will save you a lot of grief

Jag

Gosh! What a pain in the neck... now I have to dive without a computer until I go to Manila on Good Friday. :(

wipeout26:
Gosh! What a pain in the neck... now I have to dive without a computer until I go to Manila on Good Friday. :(

they will be close by good friday. If you could get here before the holy week, replacing the battery on suuntos will not take more than 30 minutes

A buddy of mine had the same problem with his dive computer. So I gave him one of my dive computers, its called a PADI dive table! Since then he has not been getting any problems with his computer!

Dive Safe

PADI is for the recreational diver, the no-decompression limits (NDL) are conservative. If you are doing multi dives below 130ft you don't need a computer, you need some serious life insurance! : )

It is easier than taking to the dive store.
1. The battery is from Radio Shack, CR2430, cost $3.45.
2. Next step take a piece of wood or MDF, a nice hand size, mark 3 points in a triangle 44.6mm (1.75") apart, use a pair of dividers for example. Get 3 allen head screws M4.0, They have a 7mm diameter head, (if you use different size adjust the centre distance by the difference in diameter), drill three 1/8" holes at the points of the triangle and screw in the screws with a hexagon hole for the wrench. This tool removes the bezel on the face of the computer using the little scoops out of the side of it.
3. Remove the screwed bezel.
4. CAREFULLY remove the glass face, there is a small slot at the side to help you.
5. EVEN MORE CAREFULLY remove the small rubber O ring seal and inspect for damage/cracks.
6. Remove the plastic face with all the graphics on it
7. CAREFULLY remove the computer module, take care there is a ribbon tape underneath that you do not disconnect
8. Remove the clip holding in the battery and remove, note the right way up
9. insert new battery
10. replace battery clip
11. most importantly, on the face of the computer there is a tiny reset button. use a needle or paperclip to press. I missed this and spent two days wondering why the 'ACW' was dsplayed permanently. I emailed Suunto and they said it must be defective and post it back to Finland!!!!
10. assembly is the reverse of the above. I used silicone grease on the rubber O ring to prevent nipping and ensure a good seal.

I tested it in the bath first, then did a second pressure test with a 130' (40m)dive!

Sounds complicated because I gave too much detail, but it is easy really. I am taking this time to write it all as I felt ripped off every time I got it replaced....

All I ask is a thank you if you use it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom