Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Cyklon model numbers

Registered

Alive and Well

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999

Cyklon model numbers

Can someone tell me the model number of the Cyklon that came between the 300 and 5000?

The one I'm referring to has 4 lp ports and 1 hp port. One of lp ports is label R for regulator. It has the same routing/port configuration as the newest models.

Registered

Can't decide what to use for
    a staus . . .

Dives
    50 - 99
    I didn't know there was one . . . for a time, the 300 and 5000 were both being sold, which makes me thing there was an overlap. Poseidon does, however, appear to sometimes change the 1st stage in a reg and not change the overall model number - maybe that's what you saw?

- Tim

Registered

Alive and Well

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Thanks Tim,

I think you're right about some sort of overlap. My Jetstream 1st stage has 6 ports, 4 LP and 2 HP, divided evnly between 'sides'. My older 300 had the 3 LP ports and the 1 HP port that sent the hoses in 4 different directions. This on, is arranged like the newer 1st stage, but the side the reg is on, only has 2 LP ports, no HP. I think the pictures will make it clear... Also the 2nd stage is the black plastic variety. Which I like just as much as the metal one. And as far as breathing, I prefer this Cyklon to my Jetstream...

Here are the pics that I hope will help:

Registered

Can't decide what to use for
    a staus . . .

Dives
    50 - 99
    That looks like the initial 5000 first, although one I bought for my (now) ex years ago, when the 5000 first came out, only had one HP port, and I have a couple here as well that only have the single HP port. Then they went to the version with the flat end and the overpressure (for Jetstream) but I think those were used on Cyklon for a while too, as well. Now the Jetstream has the X-Stream first, and the Cyclon has the flat ended variant. Regarding the metal vs. plastic Cyklons, I don't know . . . I just never could warm up to the plastic bodies - all of mine are metal, well, other than a stray plastic I use as a spare . . .

- Tim

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dear Sitkadiver.

The Cyklon with that 1st stage was also officially called a Cyklon 5000, but it had a different article number (2950) then the current one (3950).

The 1st stage used with 2950 had article number 3257 while the currect Cyklon 5000 (3950) has a 1:st stage with article number 3720.

Registered

Alive and Well

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Thanks Everyone, that was just info I was looking for.