Cyklon model numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sitkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the model number of the Cyklon that came between the 300 and 5000?

The one I'm referring to has 4 lp ports and 1 hp port. One of lp ports is label R for regulator. It has the same routing/port configuration as the newest models.

I didn't know there was one . . . for a time, the 300 and 5000 were both being sold, which makes me thing there was an overlap. Poseidon does, however, appear to sometimes change the 1st stage in a reg and not change the overall model number - maybe that's what you saw?

- Tim

Thanks Tim,

I think you're right about some sort of overlap. My Jetstream 1st stage has 6 ports, 4 LP and 2 HP, divided evnly between 'sides'. My older 300 had the 3 LP ports and the 1 HP port that sent the hoses in 4 different directions. This on, is arranged like the newer 1st stage, but the side the reg is on, only has 2 LP ports, no HP. I think the pictures will make it clear... Also the 2nd stage is the black plastic variety. Which I like just as much as the metal one. And as far as breathing, I prefer this Cyklon to my Jetstream...

Here are the pics that I hope will help:

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

That looks like the initial 5000 first, although one I bought for my (now) ex years ago, when the 5000 first came out, only had one HP port, and I have a couple here as well that only have the single HP port. Then they went to the version with the flat end and the overpressure (for Jetstream) but I think those were used on Cyklon for a while too, as well. Now the Jetstream has the X-Stream first, and the Cyclon has the flat ended variant. Regarding the metal vs. plastic Cyklons, I don't know . . . I just never could warm up to the plastic bodies - all of mine are metal, well, other than a stray plastic I use as a spare . . .

- Tim

Dear Sitkadiver.

The Cyklon with that 1st stage was also officially called a Cyklon 5000, but it had a different article number (2950) then the current one (3950).

The 1st stage used with 2950 had article number 3257 while the currect Cyklon 5000 (3950) has a 1:st stage with article number 3720.

Back
Top Bottom