Sector 5 flood issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectre184

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm considering purchasing my 1st dive light and was looking at Princeton Sector 5 because it's higher lumen than the Miniwave LED. Searching online reviews for the Sector 5 most people were having problems with it flooding and blaming the new switch. Comments?

Not yet. I was going to ask for one for Christmas. Since I live in Indiana I wont be able to use it until next May/June as we wont be doing any Florida diving during winter months :-(

I contacted Princeton who said they fixed a problem with the on/off trigger. The boxes with the 40 year sticker have the redesign. I got one a few days ago and it's been good for two (shallow) dives so far.

Cool! I saw on scuba.com that someone contacted Princeton and said same thing as you. Glad it worked for you.

I did get one for Christmas. It does have the 40 Year sticker on box. Haven't tried it in water yet. It'll be May/June before I dive again. We will do pool refresher here in January/February and I'll take it then. But the pool is only 9' deep. It's definitely bright and has good spread pattern. Length is as long as my IPhone 5 in Otterbox Armor case.

I have a bit of a longer dive season here in S Florida and have had this light down to 110ft without issue. Make sure you store it (any light really) without batteries installed. Happy diving!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I had my burned out miniwave replaced with a Sector 5. It didn't have a 40th year sticker on it, so I thought this must be their way of unloading their old stock defective lights, thus was wary. I left the lights in a filled sink for a day or so w/no isues, then I took the light down on 5 dives and there were no leaks. Not sure if this is luck or the sticker doesn't apply anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom