New low airfare!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harpua

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like American Airlines is having a sale...

'snip'
Travel is valid all the way through May 17. You must book by Feb. 7. Here are just a few great roundtrip sample fares:
Tampa - Cancun ..... $198
Dallas - Cancun ..... $238
Charlotte - Cancun ..... $246
Chicago - Cozumel ...... $254
DC - Cozumel ..... $260
New York - Cancun ..... $275
Boston - Cozumel ..... $275
Oakland - Cancun ..... $306
Seattle - Cancun ..... $322

harpua:
Looks like American Airlines is having a sale...

'snip'
Travel is valid all the way through May 17. You must book by Feb. 7. Here are just a few great roundtrip sample fares:
Tampa - Cancun ..... $198
Dallas - Cancun ..... $238
Charlotte - Cancun ..... $246
Chicago - Cozumel ...... $254
DC - Cozumel ..... $260
New York - Cancun ..... $275
Boston - Cozumel ..... $275
Oakland - Cancun ..... $306
Seattle - Cancun ..... $322

Austin <=> Cozumel $465 :^(

Continental is better.

ggunn:
Austin <=> Cozumel $465 :^(

Continental is better.

Gordon,

I've got the Continental thing figured out. If you fly Wednesday to Wednesday, it's alot cheaper. Thursday to Monday is also good. I've been getting $218, and $238 RT fares from Coz to IAH, before and after Wilma.

Christi:
Gordon,

I've got the Continental thing figured out. If you fly Wednesday to Wednesday, it's alot cheaper. Thursday to Monday is also good. I've been getting $218, and $238 RT fares from Coz to IAH, before and after Wilma.

Hmmm... 20 bucks diff is the best I can do on their website. For my May trip, I get $348 for my preferred days, and $328 is the best I can find for any Thurs-Mon or Wed-Wed combo around that time, which translates to about $460 and $440 with taxes.

ggunn:
Hmmm... 20 bucks diff is the best I can do on their website. For my May trip, I get $348 for my preferred days, and $328 is the best I can find for any Thurs-Mon or Wed-Wed combo around that time, which translates to about $460 and $440 with taxes.
That's crazy... I'm paying $348 (including tax) out of Chicago (connecting in Houston) on Continental. Check it every day, it was $450 for the last 2 months up until last Sat when the prices dropped.

Flying out on a Mon. back on a Tues.

Moodiejeff:
That's crazy... I'm paying $348 (including tax) out of Chicago (connecting in Houston) on Continental. Check it every day, it was $450 for the last 2 months up until last Sat when the prices dropped.

Tell me about it. Just about the most expensive place in the US to fly to Cozumel from is Texas, and Texas is the closest place in the US to Coz. A few years ago, Continental's website quoted $1150 per person (!) for a round trip from Austin, but $602 from Toronto on the same days, and the HOU <=> CZM leg was the same plane both ways. I could have routed myself RT to Cozumel by way of Toronto (passing through Houston four times) for $1150.

Don't try to make sense of air fares; it will only make you crazy.

Newark - Cancun and return Cozumel - Newark (connecting in Houston) in mid-Feb, Wed - Mon, $403 pp is what we paid on Continental. Would have been $368 rt to Cancun, but we didn't want the hassle of an early morning ferry back to the mainland. If we went rt to Cozumel with connecting flts both way it would have been over $500pp.

Gordon,

The best I was able to get originating in Austin was $308 ($405 with taxes) that was a Wednesday to Wednesday around your preferred dates.

Originating from Houston $228 ($316 with taxes)...so it wouldn't be worth it to me to drive from HAustin to Houston for less than $100 savings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom