Anybody else sick of quest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
*edited*

O-ring once bubbled...
What's with this woman who has 35 dives (all PADI training dives - by her own admission) and keeps spewing advice about all the "things she has seen", "what usually happens", and "stupidity"?

Why do GI3 and all the other heavyweights over there agree with her and flame the hell out of other divers that actually put down the keyboard and get out and dive and have legitimate questions? Who is she dating in the WKPP or GUE? Why are there so many ass-kissing cyberdivers over on that board and why is it tolerated?

The more I read quest the more I like scubaboard...

Interesting question Eric. I also noticed that she was getting a bit "big". I think you'll find though, that she's mostly just parroting things she's heard others say and that she will soon drop the ball. When she does, George will jump her just as quick as anyone else.

As for the a$$ kissing, there's been a lot of those types since I joined that list. I still find it a good value though and have learned a lot from it.

Tom

True..
I think you'll find though, that she's mostly just parroting things she's heard others say and that she will soon drop the ball.
I was just re-reading some messages and then watching the guy with the light question get called every name in the book and thinking, "WTF?".

Maybe she is that macaw that Joe was talking about...you know, the one that he sent up to VA Beach to get someone squared away on their scooter diving. Maybe the chimp is now taking care of business and the macaw has taken over the keyboard and is posting on quest now..

Do you know if she likes peanuts? That would seal it for me...

Quest is another chat board? I did a search, but didn't find a link.

Maybe that's a good thing, I burn too much time and bandwidth on Scuboard!

Not really a chatboard, but more of a mailing list (www.dirquest.com) that you have to pay money for and then get reamed on. I bet it is really popular with masochists.

As Tom said, it is really useful sometimes...then again, other times it is downright exasperating to use..

ho hum...

We talked about this in our DIR Fund class and JJ said they were considering getting a newbie friendly training oriented list going. I emailed him a while back and he said nothing definite was planned right now. The main deal was trying to find an instructor to monitor it.

At this point I could not say I will renew my 30$/yr. subscription. Most of the stuff is either way over my head, out of my league or just mindless techdiver spillover sewage.

A board like this with a GUE certified instructor would be supreme. Let the divers argue/debate about with someone kind of steering and correcting any errors.

And, um, someone who can do it with a bit of finesse?

Tommy

Sick of it???? Yea. I think so. I was fairly shocked when I joined up this year at the content of the mailing list. As far as I could tell it was about 98% mindless babble and flame, and about 2% interesting useful stuff. I unsubscribed myself after about 4 weeks of deleting the 98% before reading.

That mailing list is in some serious need of control by the moderator(s). I definately get more DIR-oriented usable info off this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom