New to sport looking for Instructor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best way to find an instructor, is to go and talk to them. Try to get a sense about them, and the way they might teach.

rgage:
I am new to the sport. I am looking for an unbiased recommendation for an instructor in the San Antonio / New Braunfels area. Please help. PS I have read: What to Consider as a New Student to Diving rg

Congratulations. . . you're studying this before spending your money. Check out any local dive shops and then plan a weekend trip to another diver area. What you want is exposure to as many divers as possible before spring. The process of becoming a diver is not over when you get your card. Visit area dive shops on weekends so that you meet their custormers, the divers. WE Don't Bite. The best education in diving, is diving. If you never meet other divers, the odds are you will drop diving quickly. If you meet divers in other parts of Texas. . . you'll have invitations to dive all over Texas. If you dive all the choices in Texas, fresh and salt water dives, You'll learn more skills than you will learn in anybody's class, and you'll meet people who will help you dive more often.

I don't know the distance to San Marcos, but there is a popular river there with good visibility. There will be divers and snorkelers there even now. Visit with them, join them in the future and make friends with those you meet. The divers are floating with the current, so join them where they exit and give them a ride back to their cars at the starting point. . . Help them and they will help you. You won't have to wait for certification, to meet divers, Go out each weekend even if it is cold and see where local divers are going, and meet as many divers as you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom