Standing offer to dive with new divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MPR

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The credit for this thread goes to Scubafool from the Florida forum. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to spread the news over here to see if everyone concurs and would be willing to participate.

Quote from Scubafool:

"Anyway, I remember how it was when I first started diving, trying to find buddies to dive with, setting up dives only for the new buddy to pull a no show/no call, being buddied up with divers with unsafe attitudes, etc. So I thought it would be useful to have a thread with standing offers to dive with newer divers here in our area.

To our regular users, if you find this thread way back in the list, bump it up to the top every so often so new users can find it."

So if you are a new or inexperienced diver, here is an opportunity for you to dive with experienced divers. The experienced divers will agree to dive with you at your skill and comfort level. That way you do not have to be concerened with some of the issues that sometimes plague mixmatched buddies or may actually prevent new or inexeperience divers from hitting the water.

Anyway, I thought it was a good idea and will start by saying I will post when I'm going to be back in the Gulf Shores area and will have time for a dive. If you are new or inexperienced and would like to dive with an experienced diver, let me know. Again, we will dive at your skill and comfort level with safety, as always, our number one concern. I hope to see you there.

As long as its not a charter I'm paying to dive off of, or some technical dive, I'm game for diving with anyone. :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
As long as its not a charter I'm paying to dive off of, or some technical dive, I'm game for diving with anyone. :D
He speaks the truth. He and I dived together when I only had 12 dives. Evertime he dives with me he is diving with a noob. I do not mind diving with anyone as long as their safety practices and buddy skills are similar to mine.

I agree, If I am paying to dive, I am picking my buddy. Unless it is in a boring quarry, Then I really don't care. My goal there is to just dive more and gain more experience.

See my post about Vortex on 8/30

By paying money, I'm talking $40+ for a charter boat. Diving $35 or less for Vortex or some quarry doesn't make a lick of difference to me as far as diving with a new diver or not.

A low/no cost local dive sounds great to me! Too bad I can't make it on the 30th. Let me know if/when another one comes up!!!

:cheers:

CivilE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom