What are Florida's Top 10 Dive Sites???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hounddog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
i am looking to find out what divers in florida think are the top 10 dive sites...?

i am asking all divers to give me their top 10, as i would like to then count them all up and film the top 10........!

open water dives .....spearfishing dives.....wreck dives..........cavern dives....and cave dives.........out of those " a top 10"

i hope to hear from everyone.....!!!!!

merry xmas to all of us that love to dive in florida......!

ty

Do you want rec or tec? My 3 favorite in Pompano

1. Hydro Atlantic
2. Lowrance
3. Ronald B Jonson

My personal favorites are:

1. Wreck of the Eagle - Islamorada
2. The Crack - Sanibel
3. Wreck of the Hydro Atlantic - Boca Raton
4. Wreck of the Sheridan - Clearwater
5. Fin Barge - Bradenton
6. Tenneco Towers - Ft. Lauderdale
7. Venice Beach - Venice
8. ARC Radio Tower - Sanibel
9. Wreck of the Duane at night - Key Largo
10. Marvel's Side Yard - Lauderdale By The Sea

I like Blue Springs. It's a very different dive, and some people get bored, but I enjoy it quite a bit. It's unlike any other spring in the area (for those who haven't been there, it's a fissure in the ground that drops 70 feet, and then bends at a 45 degree angle to continue into cavern/cave.

Danny

Boynton Beach Twin Ledges
Alexander Springs
Snapper Ledges (Florida Keys)
Paradise Springs
Venice Beach
Conch Wall (Florida Keys)
The Duane (Florida Keys)
Blue Spring
The Benwood (Florida Keys)
Lake Isis (closed to diving now)

I would definitely include the Duane (Key Largo) and the Mexican Pride (St. Pete's) in that top 10...hard to beat Molasses/French Reefs on a good day in the Keys...Hole in the Wall in Jupiter can be very spectacular.

Cheers.

-J.-

People should probably be more specific when they say Blue Spring... thats like the most common spring name in existance. Within the time it took to type this post, I thought of 7 of them... and there are more.

I won't put dives in order but here's some of the best that I've dove.

Empire Mica (Panama City), The Eagle (Islamorada), The Anna (Jacksonville), Huggins Freighter (Jacksonvile), Looe Key (Big Pine Key), Spiegel Grove (Key Largo), Duane and Bibb (Islamorada), Clayton's Hollar Ledges (Jacksonville).

I'm probably leaving a few off but oh well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom