Snake eats Moray at Sharkpoint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ringo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently Instructor/Photographer Joel Tomalin took this photo of a 2.5+ metre Banded Sea Snake eating a Moray Eel at daytrip dive site Sharkpoint. Apparently the whole ordeal took about 20 minutes. From injecting the Moray, twisting and tugging to loosen it whilst in the hole, pulling it out of the hole up to swallowing it.

Attachments

• snake+eats+moray+(Medium).jpg
    snake+eats+moray+(Medium).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,673
I'm absolutely terrified of sea snakes. They provoke extreme panic in me that I find impossible to control. I could look at one from 10 meters or more away..... but if it swims in my direction! :11::11::11::11::11:

I'm absolutely terrified of sea snakes. They provoke extreme panic in me that I find impossible to control. I could look at one from 10 meters or more away..... but if it swims in my direction! :11::11::11::11::11:
wuss... :D

Yeah....whatever.....:(

Actually, I'll probably be diving Shark Point in just over 4 weeks. If we go there it'll be my third dive on that site. So far I've never seen a snake anywhere in Thailand.

The bloody things are enough to re-decorate the colour of my wetsuit! :11: It's a serious phobia with me....

Some of Alcina's pictures........
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Tons of banded sea snakes in Similians and Koh Bon.. I thot I saw one in Koh Doc Mai too..
Nice photo.. thanks for sharing!

Tons of banded sea snakes in Similians and Koh Bon.. I thot I saw one in Koh Doc Mai too..
Nice photo.. thanks for sharing!
I'm sure they're there. In around 45 dives I've never seen one though.....which is cool by me! :D

I love that photo. The irony of something eel-like thing eating a moray... hee hee.

Nice one Ringo, i never knew that sea snakes eat moray's! Well you can dive in safety for now cos this guy wont be hungry for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom