Dive Operators at Ao Nang, Krabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmchan1

Registered
Reaction score
I did some listing and these are roughly the ones that I'll pick from, mainly due to their locations since price is almost the same between operators.

1) Ao Nang Beach Dive Center (Scuba Diving Ao Nang Krabi, Phi Phi Thailand)
2) Manta Point Ao Nang Co.,Ltd. (mantapoint-aonang.com)
3) Kon-Tiki Krabi Co., Ltd. (kontiki-thailand.com)
4) Stingray Divers (stingray-divers.net)
5) Coral Diving (coral-diving.com)

If anyone of you have personal experience with any of them, even those unlisted, do share? I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun :)

~Anna

Sorry I can't answer the question but I would love to know what "I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun" really means!

Hahaha... it simply means someone who enjoys what he does. Wouldn't want to end up with a DM who is overzealous to show you what he knows and discipline you like a drill sergeant.

Thanks, Batfish. I think it'll help future readers to this thread on why do you pick Krabidivers over the rests?

"I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun "

Anna,

People can take that a lot of different ways :) I suggest dropping in and talking to people at a few of your picks to get a feel for things. What type of boat do they use? The good diving is near Phi Phi. Some have slow options, but diving the Bidas is well worth the trip IMO.

Good luck,

AZ

You're right, AZ. After rereading my post, it can mean differently :p Didn't think of it any other way then strictly diving under water, with a lot to see and none to touch :wink: Thanks! I'm afraid I don't have much time to drop by and talking, seeing my trip is rather short. I'll certainly take some time to drop by a few dive centers :D for my next trips. For this coming trip, I'll have to rely on your recommendations, and they have been helpful indeed. Hope it will also help others.

You're right, AZ. After rereading my post, it can mean differently :p Didn't think of it any other way then strictly diving under water, with a lot to see and none to touch :wink: Thanks! I'm afraid I don't have much time to drop by and talking, seeing my trip is rather short. I'll certainly take some time to drop by a few dive centers :D for my next trips. For this coming trip, I'll have to rely on your recommendations, and they have been helpful indeed. Hope it will also help others.
Please post your trip report here so we can see how well your choice went.:D

We were diving in Ao Nang late Feb08, and I can highly recommend SCUBA ADDICTS! It's headed by an English guy and a German guy and they are really friendly. We went out on 4 Phi Phi dives over 2 days, and there were only about a dozen people on the boat each time, diving with an Divemaster in groups of 4 (Ben was English and very knowledgeable). Scuba Addicts give a substantial discount if you bring some of your own kit, but can supply the lot as required. If you're lucky, there will also be a videographer on board to capture the whole dive on DVD too. Drinks including electrolite (and bananas?) are all included oh, and the Thai lunch (made by the crew) was excellent! :))))

Back
Top Bottom