Mares MC1 ... friendly user manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thulsted

New
Reaction score
Hi out there !
My wife and I recently bought two mares mc1 dive consoles.
Apperently i'm to stupid to operate those two buttons in such a way, that the computer will start to operate.
I can scroll through the modes but I can't figure out how to use the "set" function to change the default values for clock, air, salt and so on.
Any wise/experienced divers out there ?

OK - as you hit the "Mode" and <-> buttons, it scrolls through some of the functions - log, set, pc, dive, plan, etc, right??? One button scrolls left, the other button scrolls right.

Here is what I do - Use the <-> button to scroll through until I go to one function PAST "set."

Then, I hit "Mode" button, but continue holding it for three or five seconds. Don't let it go until it lets you into set mode.

From there, it's a case of using one button to get into the next category to set, and using the other button to change the setting.

I hope that helps - it does sound confusing.

(Edited to say AAUGH - this was supposed to be a reply, not a new post. If the moderator's or regulators would like to fix that, please feel free. Sorry!)

Thanks for the advice, now im finally able to actually use this instrument.

It was very helpful.

To other readers: these two buttons has to be pressed quite hard before working and the two seconds from the manual are actally five or so.
:)

The buttons are stiff when it's new....put a few dives on it or just sit around and play with it a lot while you are day dreaming about diving and the buttons will loosen up a bit.:)

Devils_advocate once bubbled...
The buttons are stiff when it's new....put a few dives on it or just sit around and play with it a lot while you are day dreaming about diving and the buttons will loosen up a bit.:)

Ditto on the above, mine finally started to loosen up a bit after couple of hours messing with it.:mean:

Hi, I've just bought a mares mc1 at sale price. Unfortunately it has come without any manual. Is there one available on line? Any other suggestions as to where I could access one?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom