SP A700 vs APEKS XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

water goose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im looking for a new regulator and ive found these 2 and was wondering which one you would choose and why
P.S. I dont want people to say xtx 100 or 50

I love my A700, it breathes just as well at 10m as it does at 40m. I have also taken it under the ice. That being said I have never used an XTX200 so I cannot tell you what that reg can do.

Under the ice are you using a MK17?

I have owned a couple different apeks regs and currently use a XTX 200 with the FSR first stage. I love it, in fact over the weekend I had in water that was 42f at 60ft and as usual flawless performance. That being said you could save some money by going with the XTX 100. I can not find any difference in the two except the finish on the first stage. Also look into HOG regs, I have never tried them, but have heard nothing but good things about them. As for the SP regs a lot of guys like them, I have never used one so I can't give a opinion on them. Good luck, and let the debate begin.

Have fun and be safe.

xtx 100 or 50

Moving on... A700 and XTX200 are second stages (the part you stick in your mouth). They're usually paired in retail packaging with (respectively) the SP Mk25 and Apeks FSR first stages. The only functional difference between the FSR (XTX200 first stage) and FST (XTX100 first stage) is that the FSR has a replaceable valve seat. The Apeks XTX200 & XTX100 second stages are indentical apart from the bling

So if you were to purchase an A700 or one of xtx series what would it be

My tec rig uses MK25/A700, they have been down to 200'. My best friend's rig uses MK17/A700; while we both swear by our regs, they each have their pros and cons. The MK17 is environmental sealed diaphragm, while the MK25 is balanced piston, non-sealed.

Back
Top Bottom