DiverGuard: Is this for real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's too soon for "April Fools" jokes, so I'm guessing this is an actual product...

[video=youtube;m3k9K1T8v2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k9K1T8v2Y[/video]

I can't even formulate a response.

Seems legit... or just plain crazy. Ok I have an issue with my air so now I am breathing off my buddies air supply whooops forgot to reset the alarm and hello surface. At the same time I see that this could be good for a new diver for identifying when they are panicing, of course if they are on the verge and breathing fast and hear the alarm it just might send them over. Could do without the auto-inflate after a set period.

I think I will wait for Diver Guard 2 with the integrated octo/inflator.

I'd hold out for the DiverGuard "DCS Pro" model, which will also hail a CG helicopter to retrieve the diver's embolized body at the surface.

---------- Post added November 20th, 2012 at 05:45 PM ----------

PS - I think the bodguard guy in the suit is there to protect the diver from being beaten to death by the other divers on the charter the second or third time they use the "turkey call" to alert their buddy that they saw a parrot fish

I'm buying two!!!!! Lol.

I have a feature request list before I consider this product:

1. integrated depth guage to automatically add/release air to my BC and drysuit based on depth, keeping me perfectly neutral throughout my dive

2. buttons to close valves, so I don't have to reach behind my head to do a valve drill

3. integrated scooter so I don't have to kick

4. it should also alert me when there are interesting fish around telling me to look left or right

5. homing device so it takes me back to my starting point eliminating the need for a compass

6. automatic dsmb deployment

7. wireless headphones for me and my buddy so we don't get a beating from the others on the dive boat

8. remote control so I don't have to keep reaching for my inflator hose

I'm just can't wait to see on show up at a dive site....

I'm buying two!!!!! Lol.

Redundancy - I like it. The second one will automatically deploy in case the diver should inadvertantly survive the use of the first one?

*SNIP* the "turkey call" to alert their buddy *SNIP*

With a nod to WKRP - "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could swim!"

I understand the premise behind the device, and I would rather be embolized at the surface than drowned on the bottom.... but something that could automatically inflate my BC? No thanks.

I'm confused, should we call this the Turkey Polaris or the Polaris Turkey?

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom