Best/Easiest Software for Video Conversion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just done my first video, for entry into my dive club's annual video contest. I used Sony's Movie Studio Platinum 12 and the video is in an MPEG-TS2 format. I need to convert it into a .MOV format. I tried one free converter, but it put text over the video. I'm trying Faasoft right now, but it seems to be skipping some frames.

What software, preferably a free download, would you suggest? I'll probably do more videos later, so if there is a reasonably price good software, I'll get it. My main problem is my laptop is old, and runs Windows Vista. I'm not upgrading for a couple months so I have to make do for now.

I've just done my first video, for entry into my dive club's annual video contest. I used Sony's Movie Studio Platinum 12 and the video is in an MPEG-TS2 format. I need to convert it into a .MOV format. I tried one free converter, but it put text over the video. I'm trying Faasoft right now, but it seems to be skipping some frames.

What software, preferably a free download, would you suggest? I'll probably do more videos later, so if there is a reasonably price good software, I'll get it. My main problem is my laptop is old, and runs Windows Vista. I'm not upgrading for a couple months so I have to make do for now.

This works great:

Download Free Video Converter - convert video and audio files between any format.

I use Movie Studio Platinum version 10 and it renders to MOV format

I use Movie Studio Platinum version 10 and it renders to MOV format

How would I do that? I'm still learning that program, too.

---------- Post added October 12th, 2015 at 10:11 AM ----------

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I did get Faasoft to do a better conversion. Learning slowly, but surely. :)

---------- Post added October 12th, 2015 at 12:24 PM ----------

Figured it out in Movie Studio Platinum, yay!

I don't shoot a ton of video, but when I do I use Nero (definitely not free) for processing.
Skipping frames, your PC may be overloaded. be sure to close browser, background programs etc. while editing. Also if your antivirus has a "game" or other performance boosting setting use that. If these don't help, reduced frame size of your project may help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom