needing info. on grants and gear for dive team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirrocraft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello my name is scott i just moved to kentucky and joined the volinteer fire dep.. thay they are the first responders to a large lake in the area and it is a very small group of rescue divers with out the right gear or training most of the guys are just open water with open water gear when i can here with cave gear thay didnt know what to make of it but its more suitble for the advance diving thay are doing let me ge to my point im wanting info on how to get any grants to help my fellow divers with the proper training and the proper gear for the type of diving thay are doing lease pm me with any info you think can help me p.s. we are not looking for a hand out but all the gear that these divers are using for there work is bought out of there personal pockets and as divers we all know as a hobbie how expainsive it is.

If you are contracted or listed as the official fire service with any government body, you can apply for grants through FEMA. Attached is a link to thier site. The application period for 2006 is closed now but you can subscribe to notifications.

Another option is Firemans Fund Insurance. They have grants they provide. You also could contact your LDS or equipment manufacturers. Send lots of letters and hope you get one reply. Any return on the cost of a stamp is a good return!

http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/grants/

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom