Add bad words here!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
One of our reliable team members has resigned. The only saving grace is that he wasn’t an in-house member so we are still up to capacity, not all trained but up to our allotted 10.

Don’t ask because I won’t tell but he resigned from his department as well.

That now leaves us 4 outside spots to fill with FNG's. :banghead:

*&%& (*&*^ &%*:shakehead

Gary D.

Two things. First, go over what happened internally and see if you missed the signs. Find out if you can prevent it in others.

Second, think of it as a way to find the best 4 candidates!

We're here for you if griping is in order.

ciao!

leam

leam:
Two things. First, go over what happened internally and see if you missed the signs. Find out if you can prevent it in others.

Second, think of it as a way to find the best 4 candidates!

We're here for you if griping is in order.

ciao!

leam
It wasn't a problem with the team but an issue with his department. Soooo, lets just leave it as that. The bottom line is we lost a good diver.

Gary D.

Gary,

I feel you. Our agency is now the lowest paid in the California Central Valley. We are down 25 patrol positions and are on mandatory overtime. So far it hasn't affected our team, but I expect it to soon. This last call out we dealt with plus the mandatory overtime is making people look at other agencies. Our Board of Supervisors are blind to this problem, so I don't expect it to be fixed soon.

Sorry to rant on your thread!

Paul

Trust me, Gary won't mind... Our Dept (Gary and mine) is in the same boat.. We're down 7-8 positions and our pay is also under the norm for the area...

Our call-out load hasn't been 'bad' this summer; in fact the last couple have been when a few of us were on duty so... Luck?

AND... Our Dept will not get the hint as well... They're too busy getting upset over deputies who have satellite receivers in our cars (we have take home cars), items on the dash (one 'character' has the red office depot 'that was easy' button on his dash) and one person who had a bible verse sticker in the back seat.... Surely there are more important issues - i.e. how to keep deputies on the dept, moral, etc.

Isn't that the truth everywhere?? :crossbone

Oh well... Keep up the good fight eh! :lol:

JS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom