More new toys to eval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We contacted the company on Monday and this morning I'm handed a box from UPS with a new dry suit to test.

Talk about fast service.

We had USIA suits years ago prior to going with DUI. BUT, with 5 USIA suits costing what 2 TLS350's cost we are looking hard at them. So we got one in to eval. It's going to be tough but someone has to do it.

Right out of the box I see some things we don't like but we can make any change we want, this is just a brand new PSD demo suit. Lifetime warrenty on the material and we can custom build way cheaper than DUI standard suits.

Time will tell if we go back to them or not.

Also the rest of the SS system is on it's way and should be here by the end of the week.

Just so many toys to play with. I just don't know if I can stand the pressure. This job can be so tough at times but somebody has to do it. I just won't ask my guys to do anything that I won't do so I guess I'll have to do some testing.
:lol:

Gary D.

Testing new eqipment is usually something I try to take on myself as well so as to not burden others.

Sometimes testing can take a long time, too :)

I like to burden myself with the testing of new equipment also and you are right it takes a while to do it right...:D

IF you should need any help evaluating your new "tools", give me a call...

ReefGuy:
IF you should need any help evaluating your new "tools", give me a call...
Come on over. If you get a small map your only a couple of inches away. :D

Gary D.

Test one complete

Results

Frickin failure!

I was in a hurry to get it on. Hummm, that can be taken a few ways. :D So I get into it without any protection other than my shorts. :mooner:

Now keep in mind that it is a nice new suit with a bright shinny interior. Bare skin in a thick dry suit with some thermal protection of it’s own really do not mix very well. :shakehead

I get in, zip up (cool idea on their design) and prance around the house. Nice fit that is comfortable out of the water without any trimming.

I’m looking at the pool about 20’ away but resist the temptation to get in at this point.

Time to get out so I unzip the outer zipper from top to bottom then the sealing zipper from bottom to top. This is a nice idea, which eliminates any confusion on which one is getting zipped. :wink:

I slip my head out and that’s it, call 911, I’m frickin stuck like a fly in heat to fly paper. I’m in for the count. HONEY, I NEED HELP!!!!! HONEY I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW!!!! :light:

Off in the distance I hear a faint “what”. GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE NOW I’M FRICKIN STUCK!!!!!

She takes her frickin time getting to me then starts laughing. THIS ISN’T FUNNY I’M STUCK GOOD!!! :lol:

The first thing that goes through my mind is those folks are getting even with me for all the practical jokes I have played over the years. But that wasn’t the case. :11:

After about 10 minutes of twisting, tugging and pulling I’m free.

So I get some undies on and go right in and back out without any problem. The zipper is still new stiff but other than that the suit passed test one without a hitch. The only failure was me and so far I’m very happy with the results. :D

I didn't like a few things but this was a run suit that doesn't totally fit our needs. With a very few modifications it will fit our needs very nicely. And at 1/3 the price.

Gary D.

A really good wife would have brought the video camera and posted the results for all of us to see and learn from :D.

This was the USIA suit?

PWCPD Diver:
That didn't come out quite right bro!:lol:
This started out going downhill. :D

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom