Sick as a dog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PWCPD Diver

Reaction score
Had a call-out yesterday morning to look for a gun that was tossed in a drainage spillway between two lakes and under a set of railroad tracks. Found a lot of old spikes from the tracks but no gun. Now I have a fever and have been puking.

Gotta love drainage spill ways...

(edit for typo "thought" ->- "throwing")
Congratulations. I got that when I was younger after getting knocked out of my canoe into an abandoned canal that had no feed and no outlet. People had just been throwing stuff into it for decades. I was out for months.

You might want to see a doctor and see if they can figure out what you got. It's probably significantly nasty to get like that in one day, and you might want help in fixing it before it "fixes" you. :cool:

Terry

PWCPD Diver:
Had a call-out yesterday morning to look for a gun that was tossed in a drainage spillway between two lakes and under a set of railroad tracks. Found a lot of old spikes from the tracks but no gun. Now I have a fever and have been puking.

Gotta love drainage spill ways...

We have our share of no or little flow bodies of water. Most of the time we dive Fernan Lake, which is right in town, the ear infections take hold for quite a while.

Get better and get back to work slacker. :D :D

Gary D.

Just out of curiousity, what type of exposure protection did you have?

Drysuit, Dry hood, Dry gloves, Aga mask. Prior to the actual dives we had to conduct a line search in about 2 to 2.5 feet of water. So we had to float on the surface and sweep the bottom. Some of the water splashed into my face plus I have a beard so the critters probably hung on in there too.

I have a lowered immune system anyway from recently fighting cancer so that also contributed I would guess.

Brian

Sorry to hear that you are ill. I hope you get better quickly. The chemicals, heavy metal crud and microbes in standing water are often beyond staggering. I did a dive with full dry hood, Viking suit, sealed gloves and EXO-26 in a local pond and the merest drop got in between the face seal. I was on the bowl for a few days.

Another fresh dive ended in several months of visits to the gastroenterologist + antibiotics. The docs can sort you out. Again, get well.

Cheers,

X

It just goes to show us all how extremely careful you have to be. I wish you a speedy recovery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom